Skip to main content

I am encountering this error in FME when trying to do a POST request using the HTTPCaller when trying to reindex ArcGIS Portal using FME Desktop 2016.1.

The ArcGIS Portal token was retrieved successfully before Portal reindex that means the proxy settings works fine.

HTTPCaller(HTTPFactory): HTTP/FTP transfer error: 'Failure when receiving data from the peer'
HTTPCaller(HTTPFactory): Please ensure that your network connection is properly set up
HTTPCaller(HTTPFactory): No proxy settings have been entered. If you require a proxy to access external URLs, please ensure the appropriate information has been entered

Hello @azajarc,

Thank you for your question. I'd be happy to do some testing on our end. I just need to know what portal version you are using, what type of authentication, and if there is any proxy server involved? Once, I know this I can do some testing and go from there.

Hello @azajarc,

Thank you for your question. I'd be happy to do some testing on our end. I just need to know what portal version you are using, what type of authentication, and if there is any proxy server involved? Once, I know this I can do some testing and go from there.

Hi @SiennaAtSafe, Thank you. We're using ArcGIS Portal 10.5. We now solved the issue as we have 2 servers for portal load balancing and I am accessing the F5 URL. After using the correct server in the URL, I am now able to reindex successfully.

Hi @SiennaAtSafe, Thank you. We're using ArcGIS Portal 10.5. We now solved the issue as we have 2 servers for portal load balancing and I am accessing the F5 URL. After using the correct server in the URL, I am now able to reindex successfully.

Oh perfect! I'm glad you were able to work it out.

Hi @azajarc, Would you be able to try this in FME 2018.1, and see if you have the same problem?

If you do, can you share with us the workspace you are using so we can test and try to reproduce the issue and investigate?

If you have concerns about sharing the ArcGIS portal url publicly, you can send it to us directly and reference this Q&A;.