Skip to main content

I'm using file copy writer to copy gdb from source location to destination. I'm using file copy writer for this. One of the parameters in this writer is Error on invalid destination which I have set it to NO. So, this means that, if there is no valid destination location found, FME should proceed further without terminating the translation (This is according to the documentation). But, this doesn't happen.

So, how can I handle the error and proceed further with the translation without terminating it.

Could anyone provide some suggestion on this?

Have you passed the values of all the below attributes...

a. filecopy_source_dataset

b. filecopy_dest_dataset

c. filecopy_dest_filename

Have you passed the values of all the below attributes...

a. filecopy_source_dataset

b. filecopy_dest_dataset

c. filecopy_dest_filename

Yes, I have passed and it works fine. But in worst case scenario, suppose the destination location is invalid or not accessible due to any reason, I want the fme to proceed further without terminating the entire process.

Yes, I have passed and it works fine. But in worst case scenario, suppose the destination location is invalid or not accessible due to any reason, I want the fme to proceed further without terminating the entire process.

To my understanding... If destination folder does not exists then FME will create folder as per the path you have provided

If the issue is the termination of the entire proces you might want to change your "Rejected Feature Handling" setting from "Terminate Translation" to "Continue Translation".

You can find it in the Navigator under Workspace Parameters, Translation.

To my understanding... If destination folder does not exists then FME will create folder as per the path you have provided

Suppose in case, the folder is not accessible or if there any network issue with the shared folders, at that time I want the process to proceed further without copying the files. For this purpose I'm trying to use this option -Error on invalid destination which is available as a parameter in the writer and I have set this to NO

If the issue is the termination of the entire proces you might want to change your "Rejected Feature Handling" setting from "Terminate Translation" to "Continue Translation".

You can find it in the Navigator under Workspace Parameters, Translation.

I tried this option. But, not working as expected. Its terminating the translation

Hi @raaaju1990,

I can't seem to reproduce the behavior where the translation terminates due to an invalid destination with "Error on Invalid Destination" set to "No". It seems to work as expected for me, completing successfully, and logging warnings that I need to check my file permissions to write to the destination folder.

Would you be able to share you full logfile and perhaps a sample workspace as well?