Skip to main content

I am trying to use FeatureWriter to create tables in various different PostGIS databases. 

I am specifying the Database Connection (host, port, database) using attributes from the schema feature but I'm getting the following error:

FeatureWriter (WriterFactory): MULTI_WRITER: No dataset was specified for MULTI_WRITER_DATASET or FeatureWriter_0_DATASET or POSTGIS_DATASET
MULTI_WRITER: No dataset was specified for MULTI_WRITER_DATASET or FeatureWriter_0_DATASET or POSTGIS_DATASET

If I hardcode the database connection parameter the FeatureWriter works as expected, even with host and port still using attribute values. I have used the database attribute successfully on a FeatureReader in the same workspace so can't understand why it's not working here.

Any suggestions on why this might not be working or how I could get around the problem would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

0684Q00000ArBrbQAF.png

0684Q00000ArC7JQAV.png

I'm getting the same error message when trying to output two datasets to separate XLS sheets using one FeatureWriter using 2019.1.

0684Q00000ArJdeQAF.png

FeatureWriter (WriterFactory): MULTI_WRITER: No dataset was specified for MULTI_WRITER_DATASET or FeatureWriter_0_DATASET or XLSXW_DATASET
MULTI_WRITER: No dataset was specified for MULTI_WRITER_DATASET or FeatureWriter_0_DATASET or XLSXW_DATASET

For me, it's working when only one Sheet is input, but the message is appearing when the second Sheet is input and both are failing.

I'm getting the same error message when trying to output two datasets to separate XLS sheets using one FeatureWriter using 2019.1.

0684Q00000ArJdeQAF.png

FeatureWriter (WriterFactory): MULTI_WRITER: No dataset was specified for MULTI_WRITER_DATASET or FeatureWriter_0_DATASET or XLSXW_DATASET
MULTI_WRITER: No dataset was specified for MULTI_WRITER_DATASET or FeatureWriter_0_DATASET or XLSXW_DATASET

For me, it's working when only one Sheet is input, but the message is appearing when the second Sheet is input and both are failing.

Hi @shelley,

This sounds like a different issue than the original post, would you be open to posting a new question on your issue if you're still looking for an answer? This will give your question more exposure as well.

In the meantime, it might be helpful to check that your Writer Mode on your FeatureWriter is set to Insert, update might not work if you are writing a new excel file for the first time. It seems to work for me so it could just be something in the parameters that needs to be adjusted. 

Hi @tomcolley,

Are you still looking for an answer for this question? I was able to successfully connect using attributes to embed my PostGIS connection in the FeatureWriter. A few possible things to check:

• Connection should be Embed Connection Parameters
  • you can optionally set the user name and passwords as attributes as well
  • If you are writing to an existing table, the Table name needs to match, see if the Qualifier is also applicable for you, may be worth fiddling with if it doesn't work on the first few tries. It may be helpful here to check the table list to see what this should match
  • check that the table handling and feature operation. If you are writing the table for the first time, you will want to use Insert and Create if Needed

Hope these suggestions get it working for you!

I have had a similar issue. I had 2 features being written by a FeatureWriter transformer and it errored with a similar complaint about the MULTI_WRITER. I discovered that a previous FeatureWriter transformer in the workspace was setting a hidden parameter called multi_writer_id which was impacting the running of my second FeatureWriter. The issue was fixed by exposing and removing the parameter using a FeatureManager transformer.