Skip to main content

Hello,

I'm using featureReader and then i write results to GML format using dynamic writer. When I read from dataset which contains around 20 mln of rows after ~30 min I get (in job logs):

Internal Error: [readerr] Read error

Questions:

1. Where can I find more detailed description of that error?

2. Maybe it is DB timeout? If so is there any workaround for that? I don't think that it will be possible to change connection timeout on DB server to higher value.

Thanks for help :)

EDIT:

Also when I run it locally I have other exception after ~3hrs: InsufficientMemoryAvailable

:/

Do you have a little bit more information regarding the log? This is a very generic message.

And yes, it could be the database timeout, you can set that in the database server configuration (but that may be locked down in your environment, in which case you'll need to talk to your dba) or you could try experimenting with the Number Of Records To Fetch At A Time parameter (in the Advanced section of the PostGIS reader parameters), setting that to a lower value should do the trick.

Do you have a little bit more information regarding the log? This is a very generic message.

And yes, it could be the database timeout, you can set that in the database server configuration (but that may be locked down in your environment, in which case you'll need to talk to your dba) or you could try experimenting with the Number Of Records To Fetch At A Time parameter (in the Advanced section of the PostGIS reader parameters), setting that to a lower value should do the trick.

Hello, thank you. In the logs on fme web portal there is nothing more about it. Also in the featureReader I can't see option for setting Number of records to fetch at a time :/

Hello, thank you. In the logs on fme web portal there is nothing more about it. Also in the featureReader I can't see option for setting Number of records to fetch at a time :/

Check the Advanced section of the reader parameters screen:

Ok, it is in 2018, in 2016 version I can't see it :)

Ok I tried it locally, I can see that over the time it consumes more and more memory and it finishes with error:

InsufficientMemoryAvailable