Skip to main content

I have an issue writing a particular feature class to a new PostGIS table. The exact same process works fine in our development environment, but not in the production. I have other features with exactly the same schema that work fine in production. I can't fathom how there would be an error connecting to the database when this isn't an issue during the same process but for another set of similar data. This is the error message I'm getting:

Bulk copy failed on table '98ac753a-3b34-4aa4-8971-8cbe9c7b09c2.GDY_C_020M_DOWNLOAD_AREA' using delimiter ':'. Error was 'Error connecting to database'A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for detailsA fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for detailsFeatureWriter_24(WriterFactory): A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for detailsSuccessfully closed POSTGIS database readerSuccessfully closed POSTGIS database readerStored 1 feature(s) to FME feature store file `/fme_temp/engine/fmeengines/localhost_Engine9/fctspatrel154929165391_22779'A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

I have turned bulk insert off as suggested in this post

https://knowledge.safe.com/questions/75798/wfs-service-fails-to-write-to-featurewriter.html

I have tried using a string replacer as suggested here

https://knowledge.safe.com/questions/4089/problem-with-numeric-delimeter.html

Any suggestions?

@soothsayers It looks like PostgreSQL table names must start with a character a-zA-Z. You're also very close to the allowed length of an identifier length (63bytes)

@soothsayers It looks like PostgreSQL table names must start with a character a-zA-Z. You're also very close to the allowed length of an identifier length (63bytes)

@MarkAtSafe The temporary PostGIS table we write to is a UUID and works fine with tables starting with a-z or 0-9 for all other datasets. It just seems to fail at a random point in the process.

So for example:

'98ac753a-3b34-4aa4-8971-8cbe9c7b09c2.GDY_C_010M_DOWNLOAD_AREA'

writes fine, but

'98ac753a-3b34-4aa4-8971-8cbe9c7b09c2.GDY_C_020M_DOWNLOAD_AREA'

fails.

It's the delimiter and error connecting to the database I'm not understanding the reason for.