Skip to main content

I am trying to convert Excel file to KML. There is a column RPN# with the project number like RPN-123456 and also hyperlink embedded in it that opens local folder on the server. I have done this before with AutocAD file but I am having issues exposing attribute in Excel file. I attached pictures of the workflow.

When I run translation I do not see RPN# in KML file, what am I missing here. Instead the dot representing RPN# shows generic kml_1 or something like that.

Thank you very much.

I cannot find any problem with just seeing the screenshots, but have questions:

1. Why are you using an AttributeExposer even though the Excel reader feature type has exposed 'RPN#' attribute already?
  2. If you send the features output from the AttributeManager to an Inspector and run the workspace, can you see desired value of 'RPN#' with FME Data Inspector?
  3. If you connect an Inspector to the Excel reader feature type directly and run the workspace, what value can you see with FME Data Inspector for 'RPN#'?

Without actually diving into the problem, have you tried removing/replacing the #-sign? I have no idea if this has any bearing on your problem, but these special characters can sometimes lead to unexpected results!

1. Why are you using an AttributeExposer even though the Excel reader feature type has exposed 'RPN#' attribute already?
  2. If you send the features output from the AttributeManager to an Inspector and run the workspace, can you see desired value of 'RPN#' with FME Data Inspector?
  3. If you connect an Inspector to the Excel reader feature type directly and run the workspace, what value can you see with FME Data Inspector for 'RPN#'?

Hi takashi,

I figured it out without AttributeExposer, it works now but the only problem is , how to expose embed hyperlink in RPN# ?

Hi @klika68. Looks like you need a KMLPropertySetter transformer, which lets you set the balloon text (= pop-up text) and the menu text.