Skip to main content

Here's a basic one. Have a Boolean field and need to evaluate if it is T or F using a Tester transformer.

Have tried using "Field = F", "Field = False", "Field = 0" in the tester, but none of them seem to work.

This should be straightforward but I can't find it anywhere in the documentation.

Thanks in advance,

It will depend on the input format. In my experience boolean fields are often represented as lower-case "true" or "false", but it can vary.

If you're completely stuck, consider connecting an Inspector on the reader (or create a breakpoint) and look at the data.

It will depend on the input format. In my experience boolean fields are often represented as lower-case "true" or "false", but it can vary.

If you're completely stuck, consider connecting an Inspector on the reader (or create a breakpoint) and look at the data.

Thanks david_r, I have already inspected the field and seems to be string "false", but using "false" in the tester doesn't work.

Thanks david_r, I have already inspected the field and seems to be string "false", but using "false" in the tester doesn't work.

Can you post a screenshot of your Tester configuration?

It worked now using Filed = false. I needed to delete the output before running the script, otherwise it was just adding rows at the end of the existing file.

Thank you very much!

It worked now using Filed = false. I needed to delete the output before running the script, otherwise it was just adding rows at the end of the existing file.

Thank you very much!

Excellent!