Skip to main content
I am trying to query more than 1000 records from a public, online ArcGIS Feature Server. I've used the help reference showing the way to use the ESRIJSON query method here (http://fmepedia.safe.com/articles/How_To/How-to-read-data-from-an-ArcGIS-Feature-Server-with-FME), but all the documentation I can find says that the limitation from ArcGIS server is limited to returning 1000 features. Note, I was successful in pulling using the ESRI-JSON reader in FME to create the first 1000 features.

My web services knowledge is a little weak and I'm wondering if someone knows how to loop/iterate the request to keep returning more than the 1000 records?
Hi,

I would start by looking into the ESRI FeatureServer API to see if there is a paging mechanism that lets you ask for a specific chunk (block of 1000) of features. You might want to ask on an ESRI forum unless someone here has an idea. With such a paging mechanism you could just keep on requesting chunk n+1 until it returns less than 1000 features (end of data).

If, however, the FeatureServer doesn't support paging or specifying a particular block of data, it might be complicated...

David
Hi David. I suspected as such but with the high-quality of FME users active on the forum sometimes someone has done or had the same issue in the past. I assume most people accessing ArcGIS feature servers can up the feature output internally but this is a public version and I suspect they wouldn't want to bog down their service.

-Matt