Skip to main content

Hi community,

I'm confronted to a problem with DWG Writer.

The problem is simple:

A DWG is used to be validated and, as a report, a dwg is sent to user to show him what's correct/incorrect in the DWG...

The problem is with some DWG's that contain shape files ...

My writer use a template dwg file to display point as a block.

At this particular feature writer , I get this error:

Shape defined within template is not stored. Error

When I open the original dwg in autocad I get this alert window:

Hi @stephanemarly,

Would you be able to try replacing your reader and writer with the AUTOCAD_OD reader and writers? I suspect it might be similar to this Q&A from our friend the FMELizard. Please give that a try and let me know if that works for you. Happy to keep searching if this isn't the answer for you (:

I tried to replace to the AUTOCAD_OD but it does not work ...

Just a difference with the q? from @fmelizard: "I have set a path to the Template file and the shape file folder" I don't specify any shape file folder ...

Isn't there an option to not interprate shape file of incoming drawings ??

@stephanemarly

SHX in Shapefiles is a shapeindex file. It is not a shapefile (the box is apparently erroneous..been that way for a long time..), but is mandatory: without it the shapefile is corrupted-like.

In Autocad it is used for things like (block)fonts.

Are you not missing 3 x the latter?

Anyway, Autodesk link with their tips

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/AutoCAD-cannot-find-SHX-font.html

@stephanemarly

SHX in Shapefiles is a shapeindex file. It is not a shapefile (the box is apparently erroneous..been that way for a long time..), but is mandatory: without it the shapefile is corrupted-like.

In Autocad it is used for things like (block)fonts.

Are you not missing 3 x the latter?

Anyway, Autodesk link with their tips

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/AutoCAD-cannot-find-SHX-font.html

I'm not the owner of the original Drawing... And I don't work with autocad so often...

Files are uploaded from a web interface to the FMServer, then the workspace start...

Is there a simple way to tell to FME to not take care of those files ...

Thanks for your help...

I'm not the owner of the original Drawing... And I don't work with autocad so often...

Files are uploaded from a web interface to the FMServer, then the workspace start...

Is there a simple way to tell to FME to not take care of those files ...

Thanks for your help...

@stephanemarly,

Sorry replacing the writer didn't seem to work. Something you could try is to expose the style attributes (`fme_attrib_info{n}.style`) and to use a BulkAttributeRemover to get rid of them as that seemed to work for previous users with that FME error.

However, I'm not 100% sure it will work in your case if your original source file is giving you an error in AutoCAD about missing SHX files. According to @gio's link which explains the autodesk error, it sounds like it may be a problem with the original file and not one produced by FME. If the workaround doesn't work for you, you might need to get back to whoever provided the file about the autodesk error.