Skip to main content

Does anyone know if in FME it is possible to create a PDF with different layers (shapefiles) where you can switch off and on their visibility?

Yes, you can write geospatial pdfs to do this

There is an FME webinar that may be a useful starting point

how-to-share-spatial-data-with-anyone-anywhere-as-pdf

Yes it is possible. You can use the PDF2D-Writer, but i dont know if you could set different layers on/off while creating.

Yes it is possible. You can use the PDF2D-Writer, but i dont know if you could set different layers on/off while creating.

There is a layer visibility on open parameter that you can set to control what is displayed initially

Yes, you can write geospatial pdfs to do this

There is an FME webinar that may be a useful starting point

how-to-share-spatial-data-with-anyone-anywhere-as-pdf

This is not exactly what I want. I need to read a couple shapefiles into a PDF, where I can turn on and off their visility, as you would do in an ArcMap/QGIS workspace.

This is not exactly what I want. I need to read a couple shapefiles into a PDF, where I can turn on and off their visility, as you would do in an ArcMap/QGIS workspace.

You can do this with a geospatial pdf

@darius

To create individual pdf layers for every input shapefiles, use AttributeCreator for every input shapefile and add the "fme_feature_type" attribute assigning a name for every layer as you want it to appear in a pdf.

Then make sure to use @Value(fme_feature_type) as a name of the output pdf in the pdf writer.

Hope that helps.

Magda