Skip to main content

I have a jpg of a historical map (with no accompanying data) that I'm trying to write data for to upload into google maps as a KML file. I know the coordinates of the map, so I started with the RasterGeoreferencer to assign the correct coordinates. The problem is that none of the data that I want to create/ add to the file (for example, a z coordinate with the 3d forcer) shows up. There is a coordinate system assigned, and I can find the coordinates of any point I click on in the graphics window, but the data doesn't seem to be stored in any category.

This returns missing data for everything except for the source name...

How would I properly write data for my map so that I can turn it into a workable KML file?

Hi @rowantree, were you looking to convert the jpg into a kml file or extract some data from the jpg to a kml? 3DForcer is generally used to add z coordinates to vector datasets. So if you were looking to add z or elevation data to the jpg image (raster dataset), for example creating a digital elevation model (DEM), you could add them to a band of the image. RasterBandAdder would allow you to create a new band for the image to store the data. If you would like to extract data from the jpg's existing bands, RasterCellCoercer creates one point for each cell from the raster and stores the attributes in a list (with list name as _band). Then you could use a ListExploder to expose the values from all bands. Hope this helps a bit.