Skip to main content

Hi,

I am currently trying to convert a WFS into an ESRI shapefile and other ESRI formats using FME. I am adding the WFS as a reader and the output as the ESRI shapefile.

The process runs with 0 Errors however 4 warnings:

"Coordinate (approx) 9E:49N outside grid file coverage; no transformation applied.

Coordinate (approx) 3E:49N outside grid file coverage; no transformation applied.

Coordinate (approx) 3E:61N outside grid file coverage; no transformation applied.

Coordinate (approx) 9E:61N outside grid file coverage; no transformation applied."

The transaction is successful however 0 features are read and 0 features are written.

Any help on how to fix this would be great!

Thanks

It sounds like no features are getting read in from the WFS. It is possible that the WFS is in a Different Coordinate system to what you are expecting? Are you specifying bounding Coordinates? I would check these.

It sounds like no features are getting read in from the WFS. It is possible that the WFS is in a Different Coordinate system to what you are expecting? Are you specifying bounding Coordinates? I would check these.

The dataset should be in British National grid - for example when I open the WFS in qGIS the coordinate system is EPSG:27700, OSGB 1936. When I define the coordinate system as EPSG:27700 in FME this still does not read any of the features.

I noticed that the coordinate system in FME is EPSG 27700, with datum OSGB_FME. Would I need to reproject the WFS into datum OSGB 1936? If so I can not find any method online as to how I would do this.

Thanks very much for your help.

If open data what WFS url?
If open data what WFS url?
Hi,

It is any data off of http://environment.data.gov.uk/ds/catalogue/index.jsp#/catalogue

For example the following WFS does not work:

http://environment.data.gov.uk/ds/wfs?SERVICE=WFS&INTERFACE;=ENVIRONMENTWFS&LC;=40000000

Thanks

If I set WFS version to 1.0.0 and Ignore Application Schema to Yes it returns 392 points.

2018-08-28-14h24-14.png

If I set WFS version to 1.0.0 and Ignore Application Schema to Yes it returns 392 points.

2018-08-28-14h24-14.png

That has worked! Thank you so much for your help 🙂

That has worked! Thank you so much for your help 🙂

Welcome :)