Skip to main content

Hi,

I am currently trying FME2017 Beta and especially the 3D-Tiles. My Problem is that I am trying to generate a simple box in the middle of brussel and trying to view it in Cesium. I see Cesium loading the tileset file and the tile, but nothing is shown in the viewer.

Is there any example of a working model + Cesium viewer to view the data?

Thanks.

Vincent.

Hi @vincentstreigna, this was just added to FME so my guess is that you are better off by contacting Safe for some assistance and I doubt there are any articles on the matter yet.

Im not sure if the 3D-Tiles writer will work with geometry (gltf). I have not tried it yet with meshes. It does work with point clouds. But there are some details that need to be worked out...needing some tips on how to get the tileset.json writer to set up a quad tree structure for example.

Currently Using build 17228 WIN64

The docs are a bit light. and I know this is a bit of a pre release...

http://docs.safe.com/fme/2017.0/html/FME_Desktop_Documentation/FME_ReadersWriters/cesium3dtiles/cesium3dtiles.htm

setting cesium_priority does not seem to affect the order of the tiles in the hierarchy and not all .pnts tiles get referenced. FYI: I use the PointCloudDensityTiler to create a couple of levels of tiles which all get written to .pnts tiles but not all tiles get referenced. Thanks for any tips from the developers...

Morning @vincentstreigna, I did a quick test and find the latest Cesium tileset writer. given 3d surface geometry will write out batched 3d model files (.b3dm) files. More to come for sure as we keep putting the tileset writer through the motions.