Skip to main content

Seeking help,

I have an IFC file containing information about sewage pipes. In theory, it should contain two types of object classes (with geometry), namely IfcDistributionChamberElement (Manhole) and IfcPipeSegment (pipe). These classes use their subclasses as connectors, namely IfcDistributionPort (at each object node). Finally, these IfcDistributionPorts should be connected to each other using a relationship class called IfcRelConnectsPorts. My problem is that when I import the IFC file as a reader, the class IfcRelConnectsPorts cannot be found, which prevents me from establishing connections between manholes and pipes.

Here is a screenshot. in IFC file (open by notepad)

image.pngimage show have IfcRelConnectsPorts in my file 

Here is a screenshot. fme dont hv any feature or attribute name IfcRelConnectsPort.

Hello @abdullah83​, thanks for posting! I think FME may/does read port features. In your screenshot, there are 12 IfcDistributionPort features being read. According to the feature representation documentation > Reading/Writing Distribution Port Objects, these features should have a ifc_connected_port_id which shows the connection between two port objects. This is the ID attribute used to connect to port objects in FME Form. A ports parent object will be linked via the ifc_parent_id / ifc_parent_unique_id attributes. Let me know if these are the attributes you were looking for, or if I've misunderstood! Happy to help, Kailin.ifc_connected_port_id

Hello @abdullah83​, thanks for posting! I think FME may/does read port features. In your screenshot, there are 12 IfcDistributionPort features being read. According to the feature representation documentation > Reading/Writing Distribution Port Objects, these features should have a ifc_connected_port_id which shows the connection between two port objects. This is the ID attribute used to connect to port objects in FME Form. A ports parent object will be linked via the ifc_parent_id / ifc_parent_unique_id attributes. Let me know if these are the attributes you were looking for, or if I've misunderstood! Happy to help, Kailin.ifc_connected_port_id

Wow, thank you, miss @kailinatsafe​ . I've found it. I didn't expect that it's so easy to read... you are very beautiful inside and out tqvm againt...

ifcDistribution port

soo me againt... @kailinatsafe​ . I have problem about this connection.. because i cant know where are upstream and where are downstream

soo me againt... @kailinatsafe​ . I have problem about this connection.. because i cant know where are upstream and where are downstream

Hello @abdullah83​, are you able to see/find an attribute called 'FlowDirection' on the IfcDistributionPort object? I believe it is a standard attribute for this type of object. It should have one of these values: SOURCE, SINK, SOURCEANDSINK, or NOTDEFINED. You can find more information on this here. I think this dpc may be for IFC2x3, but it should be similar if you have data from a newer version. Let me know if this helps resolve the upstream/downstream identification issue! Best, Kailin.

Hello @abdullah83​, are you able to see/find an attribute called 'FlowDirection' on the IfcDistributionPort object? I believe it is a standard attribute for this type of object. It should have one of these values: SOURCE, SINK, SOURCEANDSINK, or NOTDEFINED. You can find more information on this here. I think this dpc may be for IFC2x3, but it should be similar if you have data from a newer version. Let me know if this helps resolve the upstream/downstream identification issue! Best, Kailin.

ooo tqvm.. i was check and find have FlowDirection but all value are mising... maybe because i not running the analysis before. but tqvm this is very helpping...

No problem @abdullah83​, my only other thought would be to check if the values are present or also missing in the native application. Best of luck, Kailin.