Skip to main content

I'm sure I'm overlooking something embarrassingly simple but after adding 2019.0 to my computer (currently also have 2018.1 installed to a different path) I cannot complete addition of a .csv reader. I'm able to preview the input files and they show the correct column names and content, but the 'ok' button is greyed out. . preventing me from ultimately adding the reader. Automatic and Manual attribute definition give the same result. I don't have this issue with the Excel reader. Thanks in advance - pulling my hair out!

To clarify - I'm only having this problem in 2019.0. I don't have this issue in 2018.1.

Hi @fme_fan_mike

I tried to use in my installation ( local machine ) and in my version FME 2019.0.0.0 - Build 19238 ), and the result was successful:

What is you FME Build?

Thanks,

Danilo

Danilo- thanks so much for your reply. I'm on the same version and Build as you. . 2019.0.0.0 - Build 19238. I will try re-installation just as something to try.. will report back later on the outcome.

Danilo- thanks so much for your reply. I'm on the same version and Build as you. . 2019.0.0.0 - Build 19238. I will try re-installation just as something to try.. will report back later on the outcome.

Hi @fme_fan_mike

Excellent. Did you have success after the re-installation?

Thanks,

Danilo

Hi @fme_fan_mike

Excellent. Did you have success after the re-installation?

Thanks,

Danilo

Hi @danilo_fme - After re-installation, the issue still exists. I'll contact SAFE Support next. . and will report back the outcome.

I have tried a 'repair' installation, then I removed 2019.0 altogether, and performed an upgrade-installation (removing 2018.1) , and still have the issue.

And also adding this is on a Windows7 Professional - 64bit, installation.

SOLVED!! In the advanced-settings of the CSV-reader Parameters it was necessary to specify the Encoding->Character Encoding. In this case 'fme-system'. Now everything is happy. This is slightly unexpected as I've never previously had to do this. But, am very glad everything is working now.

SOLVED!! In the advanced-settings of the CSV-reader Parameters it was necessary to specify the Encoding->Character Encoding. In this case 'fme-system'. Now everything is happy. This is slightly unexpected as I've never previously had to do this. But, am very glad everything is working now.

Great news :)