Skip to main content

how convert my autocad file to revit file?

Hi @mojtaba_72,

Currently, FME does not have an Autodesk Revit Writer. However, another user suggested to add support for writing to Autodesk Revit on our ideas page - I would encourage you to vote up their idea as it will increase the chances of an Autodesk Revit Writer being included in a future release of FME.

For the time being, you can use an IFC Writer and import the IFC file into Revit.

Additionally, you can see a complete list of formats supported by FME here.

Hope this helps.

- Chris

Hi @mojtaba_72,

Currently, FME does not have an Autodesk Revit Writer. However, another user suggested to add support for writing to Autodesk Revit on our ideas page - I would encourage you to vote up their idea as it will increase the chances of an Autodesk Revit Writer being included in a future release of FME.

For the time being, you can use an IFC Writer and import the IFC file into Revit.

Hope this helps.

- Chris

Hi @ChrisAtSafe

tnx for answer.I have a AutoCAD file that I want convert into ifc or revit file(autocad file

Includes three floors of the building with doors,walls and windows)

Do you have an idea in this?

@mojtaba_72

It may be beneficial to review the AutoCAD to IFC Conversion Example article as it outlines the process of creating the building story parent feature, space geometry, space property sets, and property set definitions. The article also includes a sample workspace and sample data of a 3 floor building for you to test with.

- Chris

Hi @mojtaba_72,

Hope this helps.

- Chris

@mojtaba_72

It may be beneficial to review the AutoCAD to IFC Conversion Example article as it outlines the process of creating the building story parent feature, space geometry, space property sets, and property set definitions. The article also includes a sample workspace and sample data of a 3 floor building for you to test with.

- Chris