Skip to main content

We're having significant performance issues with Xref drawings created by FME. In AutoCAD there are options in the "Save As" dialog to allow the drawing to be saved with layer and spatial indexes, but I can't find a way to set this in the DWG or Map OD writers in FME. Is this available somewhere or simply not possible with FME 2018? If it turns out this is not possible in the currently available writers, then as a work -around, if I safe the template drawing with layer and spatial indexes, will this carry through to the drawings created by the writer in my workspace?

Thanks,

Gary

My apologies for the second notification garyb! It looks like you may have posted twice by accident, so for anyone seeking the answer to this question, please find my response here. In summary, spatial indexes are not supported in our autocad formats.

I have no idea how or why this question was double posted, but please feel free to delete the duplicate Jovita.

Thanks, Gary

I have no idea how or why this question was double posted, but please feel free to delete the duplicate Jovita.

Thanks, Gary

No worries! It doesn't seem like I'm able to, perhaps you are able to on your end? If not, I wouldn't worry about it. Thanks!