Skip to main content

log.txtMy writer into an esri fgdb is failing.

An error occurred while attempting to store a row into the table 'PriOHElectricLineSegment'. The error number from ArcObjects is: '-2147221230'. The error message from ArcObjects is: {}

The error message of "{}" is not very helpful. I attempted to look it up with esri without any luck.

Does anyone know the source of the problem?

Thanks

From the log:

No subtype value/code found for the field 'subtypecd' in table/feature class 'PriOHElectricLineSegment'. Using the default code of '1'

Does that have anything to do with it? 

I also found this topic when googling "2147221230 fme". Do you read from another GDB? Something from source might be interfering?

Thanks for the feedback @nielsgerrits.

I don't think that is the problem. I think all that is indicating is that I am not populating the subtype field form the source data: therefore, it is populating the subtype with the default value from the target (I have a lot more work to do on this and will be adding more and more input fields over time--subtype is on the list at some point). To test this I placed the only target feature class in a fgdb alone and was able to write to it without any problem. So, I am thinking that it must be other objects in the original fgdb that are causing the problem.

To populate the target fgdb with data I am copying a feature dataset that contains a geometric network from sde. This copy operation grabs everything in the feature dataset as well as a number of objects outside it that have relationships to objects within the dataset. Then I am deleting the network and trying to write with FME. Later we plan on recreating the network. Could the relationship classes be causing a problem?

Thanks for the feedback @nielsgerrits.

I don't think that is the problem. I think all that is indicating is that I am not populating the subtype field form the source data: therefore, it is populating the subtype with the default value from the target (I have a lot more work to do on this and will be adding more and more input fields over time--subtype is on the list at some point). To test this I placed the only target feature class in a fgdb alone and was able to write to it without any problem. So, I am thinking that it must be other objects in the original fgdb that are causing the problem.

To populate the target fgdb with data I am copying a feature dataset that contains a geometric network from sde. This copy operation grabs everything in the feature dataset as well as a number of objects outside it that have relationships to objects within the dataset. Then I am deleting the network and trying to write with FME. Later we plan on recreating the network. Could the relationship classes be causing a problem?

One of the replies in the email suggests problems when writing relations using a basic license.

...a common problem when writing to a Geodatabase, is that FME tries to write into a Geodatabase with Relationships with an ArcView license.
Try forcing FME to use an ArcEditor / ArcInfo - Licence if this is the case or use another geodatabase. 

Hard to say if this is your issue but it's a good habit to exclude problems other people found with the same symptoms.

Working with relations seem to require a Standard or Advanced license, according to the documentation.

This topic also points to license related problems.

I found -2147221230 documented as "E_GSE_BAD_DISTANCE_VALUE" / "Bad distance value in parcel."

Nice find! I was unable to find it on the esri page I was looking at. Thanks!

One of the replies in the email suggests problems when writing relations using a basic license.

...a common problem when writing to a Geodatabase, is that FME tries to write into a Geodatabase with Relationships with an ArcView license.
Try forcing FME to use an ArcEditor / ArcInfo - Licence if this is the case or use another geodatabase. 

Hard to say if this is your issue but it's a good habit to exclude problems other people found with the same symptoms.

Working with relations seem to require a Standard or Advanced license, according to the documentation.

Good to know. Looks like it is checking out the advanced license on its own. But I did find this article on forcing the license level if needed.

https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/31613/setting-different-license-levels-for-arcgis-and-fm.html

I was able to identify a problem annotation relationship class. Deleting the relationship class in the target fgdb solved the problem. The target feature class has about 8 relationships. A number of them are annotation. So, I am not sure yet why this one is tripping up FME....

Nice find! I was unable to find it on the esri page I was looking at. Thanks!

I always have a hard time finding ESRI's errorcodes and often give up looking if Google does not return anything useful. Like most things, if you know where to look...

I was able to identify a problem annotation relationship class. Deleting the relationship class in the target fgdb solved the problem. The target feature class has about 8 relationships. A number of them are annotation. So, I am not sure yet why this one is tripping up FME....

So nothing to do with "Bad distance value in parcel." ? If you can create a test set (sample of input, workspace, target gdb) it is easier to reproduce and look.