Skip to main content

Authentication fails when attempting to connect to ESRI ArcGIS Online feature service writer. After entering organizational credentials for AGOL, the error states "Failed to Obtain Refresh Token: Error retrieving access token". The translation log reads "java.lang.NoSuchFieldError:INSTANCE". I experienced this problem with FME desktop ESRI Edition v2017.0 and after upgrading to 2017.1 the issue still persists.

There was an issue at the latest ArcGIS Online update where some resource files for OAuth were missing but it was corrected within hours. I don't know the details of how it all works but check you can connect in a browser to arcgis.com with your account, if that fails open an Esri support call.

There was an issue at the latest ArcGIS Online update where some resource files for OAuth were missing but it was corrected within hours. I don't know the details of how it all works but check you can connect in a browser to arcgis.com with your account, if that fails open an Esri support call.

Thanks for the quick reply @bruceharold. I am able to connect to my AGOL organization using a web browser, just not through FME's authentication page.

Our development team is aware of this issue and is working to correct it. We will update the answer when the fix becomes publicly available. PR#79579

Hi @tderosa,

I'm pleased to let you know that this issue has been resolved. You can find the update in the latest release of FME 2017.

Please let me know if you are still encountering this issue after updating.

Hi @tderosa,

I'm pleased to let you know that this issue has been resolved. You can find the update in the latest release of FME 2017.

Please let me know if you are still encountering this issue after updating.
Have same issue in FME 2018.1, please suggest the fix for it

Have same issue in FME 2018.1, please suggest the fix for it

Hi @balajiveera,

Are you experiencing this issue with an existing AGOL web connection? If so, could you try creating a brand new web connection (delete the old one and create a new one). Does the new connection work?

Would you also be able to set your Python Compatibility to one of the Python 3.x+?

If none of the above resolve the problem, could you please report a problem via our web form here.

@andreaatsafe

I am using FME 2018.0 and i am facing same issue.

This is the trace

Error: COM.safe.fmewebservices.FMEWebServiceException: Connect to www.arcgis.com:443 failed: Connection refused: connect

at COM.safe.fmewebservices.FMEHttpUtils.post(FMEHttpUtils.java:162)

at COM.safe.fmewebservices.FMEWebService.postMessage(FMEWebService.java:133)

at COM.safe.fmewebservices.FMEWebService.postMessage(FMEWebService.java:117)

at COM.safe.fmewebservices.FMEOAuthV2Connection.retrieveAccessTokenForCode(FMEOAuthV2Connection.java:360)

@andreaatsafe

I am using FME 2018.0 and i am facing same issue.

This is the trace

Error: COM.safe.fmewebservices.FMEWebServiceException: Connect to www.arcgis.com:443 failed: Connection refused: connect

at COM.safe.fmewebservices.FMEHttpUtils.post(FMEHttpUtils.java:162)

at COM.safe.fmewebservices.FMEWebService.postMessage(FMEWebService.java:133)

at COM.safe.fmewebservices.FMEWebService.postMessage(FMEWebService.java:117)

at COM.safe.fmewebservices.FMEOAuthV2Connection.retrieveAccessTokenForCode(FMEOAuthV2Connection.java:360)

Hi @smas1,

Do you see this error when you are running a translation? Or when you are trying to pick a Feature Service?

If this is an error message from an existing AGOL connection, could you please try creating a new connection to see if this resolves the issue?

Thank you,

Andrea

Hi @smas1,

Do you see this error when you are running a translation? Or when you are trying to pick a Feature Service?

If this is an error message from an existing AGOL connection, could you please try creating a new connection to see if this resolves the issue?

Thank you,

Andrea

Hi thank you for response.

I am adding Feature Service reader for that i am required to create a new AGOL connection. While creating that connection i am getting this.

Hi thank you for response.

I am adding Feature Service reader for that i am required to create a new AGOL connection. While creating that connection i am getting this.

Hi @smas1,

Could you try creating a new AGOL connection from the FME Options dialog? This can usually be found at Tools > FME Options from the main toolbar in FME Workbench, then by clicking the + sign. For example:

Do you see an error when trying this way?

Best,

Nathan

Hi @smas1,

Could you try creating a new AGOL connection from the FME Options dialog? This can usually be found at Tools > FME Options from the main toolbar in FME Workbench, then by clicking the + sign. For example:

Do you see an error when trying this way?

Best,

Nathan

I have tried this option now and faced the same issue. I am able to login to my AGOL Account from browser.

I have tried this option now and faced the same issue. I am able to login to my AGOL Account from browser.

issue is now fixed.

i logged in to developers.esri.com and registered the FME and got the secret key and token which i then put into manage services and then it was able to connect. i also had issue with proxy which was resolved when i updated the FME to 2018.1