Skip to main content

Hi All

I am trying to set up a workspace to react when a change is made to an ESRI Enterprise Geodatabase table but cant figure out how to watch for changes on the table.

I could set up a scheduled task to read all of the data and then a change detector to update a further table but that doesn't seem a wise use of resources, particular if there are no changes.

SO any ideas how to watch this database table for changes efficiently??

Regards

I think the described route of scheduling a ChangeDetector is a pretty common route to take when you want to monitor changes in a database. Some other options include:

You can try using the CRCCalculator to calculate a CRC value on your geometries and/or attributes. Then compare the CRC strings instead of the objects themselves. 

If you have certain columns that always change (e.g. the geometry column, last_edited_date or an attribute specific to your users’ workflow) you can always only read in those columns to to shave off some resource usage. 

If the changes are always deletes/inserts (and never updates) you can try to keep track of the highest ObjectID. 

Is the question about a file geodatabase?