Skip to main content
Hi all,

This might be completely in the world of fantasy! I've programmed FME to produce a MapInfo table (using MFAL writer) containing points at 25m intervals along road centres (using Ordnance Survey's ITN data), each point contains a URL including Long/Lat coordinates so that I can invoke Google Street View.

In MapInfo, I need to add the Hotlinking capability after FME so that the URLs can be read and linked to. I've looked at the tab header file (in Notepad) and it seems to need a few lines of code at the bottom of it. I was thinking, could I program FME to add this automatically? Has anyone thought about this before? Perhaps this is beyond the use of FME. The closest way I could think of would be to create a text file and write the specific text to it then replace the actual .tab file component in Windows Explorer but it wouldn't be a tidy process.

Regards,

Ian
Hi,

Interesting challenge. Perhaps it is possible to accomplish this with some creative use of the Text File reader and writer?

David

I have the same issue 4 years later!

For any others with the problem in future, slightly awkward but I added a text file reader and writer to my workspace which essentially just copies my .TAB from an offline location to my desired location. Would definitely be useful to have a Hotlink and metadata section writing transformer in the future though!