Skip to main content
Hi, 

I'm trying to insert block in a DWG file with a specified rotation.  

If I use feature and replace them with a block they all appear with the wrong rotation. 

Here I set the rotation at 0 for all of these : 

i have the same Problem. The Rotation of the DWG-Style-File has no Koordinationsystem (artithmetisch/Geometrisch) like the input-shp-System lyr.

shp-define:

Which System is in ACAD usual, and is FME able to change the rotation?

Is the problem solved?

i have the same Problem. The Rotation of the DWG-Style-File has no Koordinationsystem (artithmetisch/Geometrisch) like the input-shp-System lyr.

shp-define:

Which System is in ACAD usual, and is FME able to change the rotation?

Is the problem solved?

Are you reprojecting the data as well? If so you might need to reproject the rotation angle as well. They don't seem to be reprojected as the actual features are. Basically, add a Tester to test for fme_rotation and autocad_rotation having values. If they do, reproject them with ReprojectAngleCalculator transformers. Hope this helps.

ref: PR#43035 and PR#44274

In my experience, the rotation of the block is also depending of the original rotation of the block. Very often the people who create the block definition forget to take a standard direction into account.

A lot of the effect of changes from FME will also be dependent on the standard configurations within AutoCAD and/or the (template) drawing you are working with.

I understand that I do not provide you with a direct solution, but you should always look at your template and its settings before using it within FME.

Are your writing to some template .dwg file? Or you create a new one?