Skip to main content

Hi all!

I'm testing the new 12d xml reader and writer transformers. I've started with a simple static reader to writer workspace to see if a basic conversion works with no manipulation but hasn't been successful. I believe it requires some extra manipulation. Had the following error when trying to get back in to 12d model software:

I don't know how to read the xml so I don't know what's going wrong. Below is an image of my workspace and attached fme template file.

I'm also curious whether/if FME can write back to 12d vertex attributes as well as string attributes. It certainly reads them however puts them in to a list. I wonder if this complicates things on the 'write' side of the process.

Any help would be appreciated.

Using FME 2020.

Really? No one at safe can help here? I would have thought this to be a pretty straight forward reader to writer conversion.

Hi @umapper1,

Sorry to see that we missed your question and that you've run into this issue! The 12D Model writer is fairly new to 2020.1 so it's still undergoing some improvements and active development. I gave your workspace template a run and updated the reader/writer to a latest test version, and I'm also getting an error in the 12D Viewer, though it appears to be a little different.

I'll take a closer look at this tomorrow as it's end of day here, and get back to you when I find out a bit more. Thanks for bringing this up!

Hi @umapper1,

Sorry to see that we missed your question and that you've run into this issue! The 12D Model writer is fairly new to 2020.1 so it's still undergoing some improvements and active development. I gave your workspace template a run and updated the reader/writer to a latest test version, and I'm also getting an error in the 12D Viewer, though it appears to be a little different.

I'll take a closer look at this tomorrow as it's end of day here, and get back to you when I find out a bit more. Thanks for bringing this up!

Hi @umapper1,

It looks like there's been some improvements to the writer since you first posted the question, adding symbol data support in the super string. However, my colleague Derek noticed from your workspace template output (on inspection of the xml file) that we seem to be missing out writing the <vertex_annotate_data> .

We've filed an issue tracked as (FMEENGINE-64919), and I'll let you know as soon as this issue has been addressed.

Hi @umapper1,

It looks like there's been some improvements to the writer since you first posted the question, adding symbol data support in the super string. However, my colleague Derek noticed from your workspace template output (on inspection of the xml file) that we seem to be missing out writing the <vertex_annotate_data> .

We've filed an issue tracked as (FMEENGINE-64919), and I'll let you know as soon as this issue has been addressed.

Hello @jovitaatsafe,

I've just updated to the latest release of FME ver2020.1 and have run a new routine. I'm still ending up with an error when trying to write back to 12dxml (shown below). Could you update me on the investigation into this?

Hi @umapper1,

I'm pleased to let you know that (FMEENGINE-64919) has recently been resolved for FME 2020.2 (available in the beta version from our downloads). This new change adds support for the vertex_annotate_data element. Please give that a try and let us know how that goes for you.

Hello @jovitaatsafe,

I've just updated to the latest release of FME ver2020.1 and have run a new routine. I'm still ending up with an error when trying to write back to 12dxml (shown below). Could you update me on the investigation into this?

Hi @umapper1,

I'm pleased to let you know that (FMEENGINE-64919) has recently been resolved for FME 2020.2 (available in the beta version from our downloads). This new change adds support for the vertex_annotate_data element. Please give that a try and let us know how that goes for you.