Question

All questions go now to moderators to approve?

• 8 April 2024
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Hi All,

I have just posted a technical question and the FME platform showed a text box saying that my question has gone to the moderator to approve?

Has this new workaround been recently implemented? or maybe the hyperlinks included in the post need to be checked? 

Just wanted to confirm :)

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

Curious as well.

When I encounter this, I simly try and repost it without links until it works as I am not very patient and I think the people who need to approve work in another timezone...

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Yeah, I’m sorry about that. It was probably caught up in the keyword blocker that we use to try and stop spam coming through. For various reasons there’s not much I can do about it right now. There’s no alert or webhook to let us moderators know that it happened, and I can’t currently promote users to moderator status.

But I’ll try and figure out a way to solve this. I’ve got a few ideas, I just need to discuss them with the team that manages the whole infrastructure.

Userlevel 5
Badge +36

It is quite frustrating that an answer with a hyperlink to another forum post, FME documentation or FME Hub gets held for moderation.I hope this can be changed soon.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

It is quite frustrating that an answer with a hyperlink to another forum post, FME documentation or FME Hub gets held for moderation.I hope this can be changed soon.

I would agree that internal links as well as other safe software sites should get a pass.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

I just posted a response that included a link to an fme doc and it went through right away, so this may have been fixed

Userlevel 5
Badge +36

Hmmm, my response with a link to another FME Forum post was held for moderation just a minute ago.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hmmm, my response with a link to another FME Forum post was held for moderation just a minute ago.

Interesting, so maybe they have figured out how to allow fme docs but not the community yet