Skip to main content

Dear forum, I hope everyone is doing great. I am getting trouble in my FME server datadownload process from yesterday midnight at (00:00:00). Yesterday all the job was processed timely and users have downloaded data but from the mid night all the jobs is Queued or "Running" in status. I have checked that our license is till may 2019 , so this is not the case of licensing error. I have collected one information from one of our job that :

statusMessageUndefined macro `FME_SERVER_DEST_DIR' dereferenced in file `xxxx\\dbexport\\dbexport.fmw'

If this might be the case then why it was running before perfectly? We did not change any configuration.

Thanks

With kind regards

Muqit Zoarder

Hi @mjoarder_pln

From that error message, it sounds like something might be wrong with either the workspace or FME Server configuration. The macro that the error mentions is undefined (FME_SERVER_DEST_DIR) should be automatically set when the workspace is run through either the Data Download or Data Streaming services.

Just to confirm, has anything changed on your FME Server instance or within the workspace since this last worked? Also, do you get that error message with every workspace that is run on the system or just this one? One thing to try might be to see if you can run any of the workspaces from the Samples repository just to confirm if the error happens with those as well.

Hi @mjoarder_pln

From that error message, it sounds like something might be wrong with either the workspace or FME Server configuration. The macro that the error mentions is undefined (FME_SERVER_DEST_DIR) should be automatically set when the workspace is run through either the Data Download or Data Streaming services.

Just to confirm, has anything changed on your FME Server instance or within the workspace since this last worked? Also, do you get that error message with every workspace that is run on the system or just this one? One thing to try might be to see if you can run any of the workspaces from the Samples repository just to confirm if the error happens with those as well.

I'll echo the suggestions and request for more information from @LauraAtSafe .. And, just to be clear regarding the FME_SERVER_DEST_DIR macro, this will only be set when using the Data Download or Data Streaming web services. For example, if you try to invoke against Job Submitter, this error will occur.

I'd also be curious how the Jobs are being submitted – Schedule? Direct URL? REST API?

Log files are likely going to be important to help diagnose the error. (Core fmeserver.log and Engine Logs). https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Server_Documentation/Content/ReferenceManual/About_Log_Files.htm

Hi @mjoarder_pln

HI, @LauraAtSafe, I dont think the error caused for any of our activities. Because we did not do any update, maintainence or anything that time. And surprisingly this probelm happend in both production and experiment server at a time!!! In same workspace another workflow is running on datadownload, the error is causing for only one workflow (which output is linked with FME parameter FME_SERVER_DEST_DIR). I have tried in Sample workspace but it also did not work. Kind regards, Muqit

Hi @mjoarder_pln

Dear everyone,.we have re-install our fme server and everything is running well now !