Skip to main content

Hi,

I am using FME Server 2015, is it possible, while logging in as admin, to schedule a task to be run under specific FME server user?

I don't think that's possible in FME Server 2015. The scheduled task will run as the user who last modified the task definition.

A possible workaround could be to use a master workspace that executes a second workspace using the FMEServerJobSubmitter with the username/password as published parameters.

I don't think that's possible in FME Server 2015. The scheduled task will run as the user who last modified the task definition.

A possible workaround could be to use a master workspace that executes a second workspace using the FMEServerJobSubmitter with the username/password as published parameters.

Thanks,

Is it possible in 2016 or upcoming 2017?

I am not sure if that is possible. Why would you want to schedule a task under a specific user?

What you can do: Create a Workspace X containing an FMEServerJobSubmitter. Here you can specify the workspace you want to run (Y) and the FME Server user. Next, you can schedule workspace X. X will be ran as admin user and Y will be started by X with a different user.

Thanks,

Is it possible in 2016 or upcoming 2017?

FME Server 2016 has the same limitation as 2015 in this regard.

I haven't had a proper look at FME Server 2017 yet, but the security model has changed radically so there's some chance this is now possible. You might want to download the FME Server 2017 release candidate and look for yourself: http://www.safe.com/support/support-resources/fme-downloads/beta/
FME Server 2016 has the same limitation as 2015 in this regard.

I haven't had a proper look at FME Server 2017 yet, but the security model has changed radically so there's some chance this is now possible. You might want to download the FME Server 2017 release candidate and look for yourself: http://www.safe.com/support/support-resources/fme-downloads/beta/
I just had a look, as far as I can tell there is no change in this regard for FME 2017.

I am not sure if that is possible. Why would you want to schedule a task under a specific user?

What you can do: Create a Workspace X containing an FMEServerJobSubmitter. Here you can specify the workspace you want to run (Y) and the FME Server user. Next, you can schedule workspace X. X will be ran as admin user and Y will be started by X with a different user.

The reason is that there are some users which are not allowed to login to FME server, but there are certain tasks needed to be scheduled to run under those users.