Skip to main content

I have a workspace where I am checking to see if features exist and if not I create them. In the workspace I read one table from a database and then join it to another table in the same database (join conditions to inspections). Currently I change the name of the Database manually in the reader and rerun the entire workspace. All my database files are in the same folder but have different names. I would like to be able to run a batch process that would process each database one at a time and then move to the next. Any help is much appreciated.Capture

Do all the database files have the same structure/table?

You could simply create a second workspace with a workspace runner, if you have a list of filepaths you send these into the workspace runner and use the value to set the database path parameter.

If the other inputs you read are the same each time however, I'd probably send a list of the database paths into a feature reader and read the table in each access database that way. This avoids re-reading the same data multiple times so should perform better

Do all the database files have the same structure/table?

You could simply create a second workspace with a workspace runner, if you have a list of filepaths you send these into the workspace runner and use the value to set the database path parameter.

If the other inputs you read are the same each time however, I'd probably send a list of the database paths into a feature reader and read the table in each access database that way. This avoids re-reading the same data multiple times so should perform better

Yes all the databases have the same structure. 

I'm a bit confused by this "If the other inputs you read are the same each time however, I'd probably send a list of the database paths into a feature reader and read the table in each access database that way. This avoids re-reading the same data multiple times so should perform better"

ssTap and ssGravityMain do not change. I look at these to see if sewer lateral lines (service lines) exist and if not use the information in the access database to create sewer lateral lines. 

I have lookedat/tried the workspace runner. But I'm unsure how to set that up.Capture

I'm a bit confused by this "If the other inputs you read are the same each time however, I'd probably send a list of the database paths into a feature reader and read the table in each access database that way. This avoids re-reading the same data multiple times so should perform better"

ssTap and ssGravityMain do not change. I look at these to see if sewer lateral lines (service lines) exist and if not use the information in the access database to create sewer lateral lines. 

I have lookedat/tried the workspace runner. But I'm unsure how to set that up.Capture

The image isn't showing up

Capture

So presuming your path reader is reading a feature per access db, you want to link the database path to the path_windows attribute. The other two parameters remain as is. This will execute the child workspace once for each access db

Okay, this is beginning to make sense. I saw that yesterday in a post that I was looking at. Do I need to do anything like set the database path in the child workspace to G:\\PACPExport\\*.mdb?

No, the database path is already linked to the parameter, so it will use whatever value for the database path that has been sent via the workspace runner. I'd check the connection details for the databasejoiner - does that link to the same access db?

Yes. The db reader opens an inspection table and the joiner links a conditions table from the same db to the inspection by inspection id.

So i would double check that the joiner is using the parameter for the database path and not hardcoded in