Question

Hi Community, I have problems with automatation, i have a workbench which receives xlsx file in zip by email, i have published workbench to server, and start to receive below error:

• 31 August 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +2

Excel Reader: Failed to open the dataset 'E:\\apps\\FMEServer\\resources\\system\\temp\\subscriptions\\efbc8d67696c47d6b70bc0aa87c67166.json'. Error message was 'It is not a xlsx file. Use the xlCreateBook() for a xls file.'

7 replies

Badge +9

Hi @nurbek​ ,

From the error, it looks like the Automation may be passing the JSON notification content from the email action directly to the excel reader instead of passing the path to the attached excel file. Would you be able to share some screenshots of how you have the automation and run workspace action configured?

Badge +2

Hi @nurbek​ ,

From the error, it looks like the Automation may be passing the JSON notification content from the email action directly to the excel reader instead of passing the path to the attached excel file. Would you be able to share some screenshots of how you have the automation and run workspace action configured?

image.png

Badge +2

image.png

when i mannualy run test json file indicating path to file, it reads and succseffull. But when we receive that file by email, it shows that error.

Badge +2

image.png

Badge +9

Thanks @nurbek, That does look like it should work. I just realized you had attached your workspace in your original question as well, so I apologize for missing that. Can you tell if the error is coming from the FeatureReader in your workspace or the regular Excel reader that's also present?

If it is coming from the FeatureReader, I'd suggest adding a Logger transformer before the FeatureReader to see what the information coming out of the JSONFlattener looks like to make sure the correct information is making it into the workspace.

If it is coming from the regular Excel Reader (just before FeatureMerger_3), what value are you passing in for the source dataset within the Automation on FME Server?

Badge +2

Thanks @nurbek, That does look like it should work. I just realized you had attached your workspace in your original question as well, so I apologize for missing that. Can you tell if the error is coming from the FeatureReader in your workspace or the regular Excel reader that's also present?

If it is coming from the FeatureReader, I'd suggest adding a Logger transformer before the FeatureReader to see what the information coming out of the JSONFlattener looks like to make sure the correct information is making it into the workspace.

If it is coming from the regular Excel Reader (just before FeatureMerger_3), what value are you passing in for the source dataset within the Automation on FME Server?

Badge +2

@lauraatsafe​ any idea?