Skip to main content

I have a desktop workbench that is using FMEServerNotifier to have server send emails as the last translation step. Aside from writing a shutdown script to POST the request to server, is there a way I can call FMEServerNotifier on translation failure?

Maybe a Shutdown Notifier option is on the cards??

• nb. I'm using desktop as I need the 32 bit version
  • nnb. I can't get the desktop authorised to use the smtp server

Hello steven,

So you're running the workspace on FME Desktop? If the workspace itself fails to run, you can try to catch the possible errors with Testers, AttributeValidator, etc, and then use FMEServerNotifier. Of course it's hard to try to catch every possible error, thus it would be easier to use another workspace with WorkspaceRunner, and link the Failed output port of WorkspaceRunner to FMEServerNotifier.

Best, Lassi

Hello steven,

So you're running the workspace on FME Desktop? If the workspace itself fails to run, you can try to catch the possible errors with Testers, AttributeValidator, etc, and then use FMEServerNotifier. Of course it's hard to try to catch every possible error, thus it would be easier to use another workspace with WorkspaceRunner, and link the Failed output port of WorkspaceRunner to FMEServerNotifier.

Best, Lassi

Yep, from desktop, using a workspace runner is a good idea, as much as I don't like the idea of having to spread logic across two workbenches.

I've gone with the python shutdown script approach.

Yep, from desktop, using a workspace runner is a good idea, as much as I don't like the idea of having to spread logic across two workbenches.

I've gone with the python shutdown script approach.

That might be the best solution, if you want to have just 1 workspace and catch any run failure.