Skip to main content

I just recently upgraded to FME Server 2020.0.1 and noticed the attachments in the emailer transformer wouldn't allow me to specify a file with the direct path of my pdf in the Resources folder. This worked in previous versions of FME Server.

$(FME_SHAREDRESOURCE_DATA)/resources/example.pdf

It did work when I created an attribute with the path and used it as the attachment Source File.

Is this change by design, or perhaps a bug?

Invalid File Path

0684Q00000ArAaoQAF.png

Valid File Path

0684Q00000ArAatQAF.png

I don't have an FME Server 2020 running right now, but can you doublecheck whether or not the path in $(FME_SHAREDRESOURCE_DATA) contains the trailing / or not. That may throw things off.

I don't have an FME Server 2020 running right now, but can you doublecheck whether or not the path in $(FME_SHAREDRESOURCE_DATA) contains the trailing / or not. That may throw things off.

Hi @redgeographics,

The full path of the file is $(FME_SHAREDRESOURCE_DATA)/resources/Data_Submission_Reference.pdf. I did get it to work by putting that path inside of an attribute and passing the attribute to the emailer, but was curious as to why this no longer worked by putting the full path inside the emailer.

I just went ahead and updated the workspaces using the attribute value of the path to get it to work.

Hi @warrengis,

I have been able to reproduce the issue you described, the Emailer transformer was recently rebuilt as an FME Hub Package so I believe this is a regression and have filed a bug to get this fixed (FMEENGINE-63993). I will update this post once it is resolved.

I am sorry for the inconvenience, thank you for sharing your workaround.

Hi @warrengis,

I have been able to reproduce the issue you described, the Emailer transformer was recently rebuilt as an FME Hub Package so I believe this is a regression and have filed a bug to get this fixed (FMEENGINE-63993). I will update this post once it is resolved.

I am sorry for the inconvenience, thank you for sharing your workaround.

Thanks @hollyatsafe!