Skip to main content
Question

Error: Failed to update definition of database type 'Microsoft SQL Server (JDBC)'

• 13 June 2024
  • 2 replies

The connection works in FME Form, but while uploading the workspace I get the following error:

Failed to update definition of database type 'Microsoft SQL Server (JDBC)' - FME Flow encountered an error and reported the following message.
Database type Microsoft SQL Server (JDBC) cannot be edited.
Request to https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/fmeapiv4/databasetypes/Microsoft SQL Server (JDBC) returned status code 422.

Any tips and help greatly appreciated.

2 replies

Badge

Hi,

I’m seeing a similar issue but with Snowflake:

• Failed to update definition of database type 'Snowflake' - FME Flow encountered an error and reported the following message.
  • Database type Snowflake cannot be edited.
  • Request to http://xxx.xxx.com/fmeapiv4/databasetypes/Snowflake returned status code 422.

FME Flow 2024.0.1 | FME Form 2023.2

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

@hermann Could you confirm the versions of FME Flow and FME Form in use here?

Also, when you say “while uploading the workspace” do you actually mean ‘publishing’ from FME Form (cause you could be uploading the workspace via the Web UI as well - so just making sure I’m on the same page).

@jking2 I see you mention FME Form 23 and FME Flow 24 (and thanks for sharing that in advance).
We don’t support publishing from different major versions so 24 to 23 or vice versa.  Can you confirm you are indeed using an older Form to publish to Flow?  If you are, please first upgrade your FME Form to the same version as FME Flow.  You can install multiple versions of FME Form on the same system, just be sure to install the new version into a different folder in Program Files location.  Again, like I asked above, you are indeed using the Publishing Wizard in FME Form and not uploading the workspace via the FME Flow Web UI?

Look forward to hearing back from both of you!
Cheers