Skip to main content
Question

Attribute logged to message, but not in email body

• 18 July 2024
  • 5 replies

Hi all. I am working on an automation triggered by Survey123 submissions based on webhooks. The initial part is working ok, but I am running into some strange behaviour:

As it is now I have an automation with a webhook trigger that starts an action to run a workspace. This workspace parses the data from the webhook, sorts the input into various outputs depending on choices made in Survey123 and sent data to separate FME Flow Automations.

Each of the outputs contain two attributes; one with a code for how the registration will be handled further downstream and one with the globalid for the Survey123 submission. 

To check the output I have set up one message logger and one emailer on the output route in my automation. The message definition to the logger and the email body are identical, but the globalid is only written to the log, not to the email (where I get _undefined_)

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I would have to see the output from the transformers before the emailer and also the body of the email.

Badge +14

The final output in the workbench: 

The automation in Flow:

My Message logger definition: 

The resulting message in the logs: 

My emailer body definition:

The resulting email:

So the attribute “Avgrensningsmetode” comes through fine, the “Bestillingsid” doesn’t...

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Can you try stripping the curly braces off before the output?

Badge +14

I tried removing the curly braces* from the attribute: 

At first, I didn’t set the data type for the new substring, and it changed from varchar(200) to buffer. This resultet in the automation running, but output failed, both to the log and email. 

After I changed it to output varchar(200) the automation runs and writes the guid to both log and email without any issues. Is this some kind of bug where the emailer i Flow fails on handle a properly formatted guid?

* ) In retrospect I see that I only removed the starting brace, but that was enough.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I’m not sure, maybe Python thinks it’s a dict. I’ve had this issue in FME with GUIDs before.