Question

text_size and rotation changes after I use the Affiner

• 15 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi I’m using FME Workbench 2019.2 to read a DGN-file and then transform that to an SVG-file.

This is working quite fine but we have seen that the texts are slightly offset. I did some investigations and figured out that if I could move the text-features to the coordinate value that their attribute igds_insertion_x and igds_insertion_y pointed to then was the text more accurate placed in the SVG-file.

So I used an Affiner to move the text features to coordinate (igds_insertion_x,igds_insertion_y).

But the strange thing is that after the Affiner is executed then is the values fme_text_size, igsd_text_size, fme_rotation,igds_rotation changed. The inspector  below shows the same text before and after the Affiner.

Am I doing something wrong here or is this a bug?

Regards

Nils

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +19

Hi Nils, in addtion to the Visual preview, can you inspect the records before and after affliner with the Feature Information. As the affliner is a mathematical method of change the geometry, the affliner may be a different type of geometry …. refer to the fme_geometry (format attribute). 

Badge +1

Hi, thanks for reply. I tried to compare all attributes before and after running the affiner. The only difference seems to be between fme_text_size, igds_text_size, fme_rotation,igds_rotation. All these values is zero after running the affiner. 

As a workaround in my actual workbench, I save their original values before calling the Affiner and then put the values back again after the call. Since I’m working in a very old version in FME workbench this is maybe not a problem in newer version.