Solved

MULTI_WRITER was not specified error: Why do I need it? How do I resolve?

• 18 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

I'd like to understand what this error means in the following context and how I might go about resolving it.

I have a workspace that works perfectly fine if I run using cached features up to transformers just prior to a FeatureMerger then run from the FeatureMerger to a writer. However, when I try to run the entire workspace it results in an error that aborts the translation at the writer. I've also tried many other methods of joining these 2 streams and all are resulting in the same error output. 

MULTI_WRITER: No MULTI_WRITER_TYPE{*} or MULTI_WRITER_TYPE{3} was specified

It seems like I need both streams to be ready at the FeatureMerger at the same time but I have not been able to gain control over execution order or block passthrough features through a variety of attempts. The goal is to read from both a CAD model and a DB, then compare the two datasets on a unique key, then write an SQL statement to a text file or SQLExecutor. I've only attempted this with the text file writer while the SQLExecutor was either disabled or disconnected from the stream. 

Here is a snippet of the workspace up to the FeatureMerger:

FMEWorkspaceSnippetAnd the remaining downstream:

FMEWorkspaceSnippet_2

icon

Best answer by nampreetatsafe 23 December 2023, 07:53

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

Hi @jspratt​! I'm sorry you encountered this issue. This looks like it's related to an issue that was identified recently with linked custom transformers. From your workspace screenshots, it looks like you might be using linked customer transformers. The fix is included in the latest available official release. Once installed, you'll need to open the .fmx file for the custom transformers with the new version of FME and re-save it. Let us know if that does the trick. If not it might be worth submitting a support case and providing your full log file and workspace if possible.

Badge +10

This did not work for me. I now need to roll back my fme to build 23619 to match my flow build.I am getting warnings about the wb being newer than my server.