Skip to main content

Hi,

using FME 2019.1.2 (32bit) I encounter the following issue:

Data Source is an ESRI FileGDB.

Table 1

- has a GlobalID column and content is shown with braces in FME

- has GUID column referencing GlobalID in table 2 and content is shown without braces in FME

Table 2 -

- has a GlobalID column, content is shown with braces in FME

Now, when I want to merge both tables with FeatureMerger (tab1.Guid = tab2.Globalid) no features are merged.

If I add braces to the GUID column features will be merged in FeatureMerger.

As far as I understand GlobalID and GUID are the same data type in ESRI - so why are the shown / treated differently in FME? I'm aware of this posting about missing braces - but in the situation I described above its not just a display issue.

It seems to me that GlobalID have braces in FME whereas GUID dont. And that prevents merging (joining) both tables easily.

Rob

Hi @rob_z

A parameter option for stripping braces off of GlobalID and GUID was added to the File and SDE Geodatabase readers in FME 2019. Could you please confirm this reader parameter is set to 'No' and rerun the workspace?

Are the braces still stripped from the GUID attribute?

Hi @debbiatsafe,

thank you for your reply. I couldnt find any parameter option for that. Didnt find any reference to it in Help either. Could you let me know where I can find the parameter?

Thank you, Rob

Hi @debbiatsafe,

thank you for your reply. I couldnt find any parameter option for that. Didnt find any reference to it in Help either. Could you let me know where I can find the parameter?

Thank you, Rob

Please see the below screenshot of the parameter within the Navigator pane.

If you are unable to find this parameter, can you please confirm the workspace is not using the File Geodb Open API reader?

Hi @debbiatsafe

the issue seems to be related to opening a FME 2016 workspace in FME 2019:

create new workspace using FME 2016.1

- Esri Geodatabase (File Geodb API) connect and connect to inspector

- inspector: braces are fine in 2016

- save workspace, close fme 2016

in fme 2019.1

- open workspace, run --> GlobalID still has braces, all other guid fields have lost the braces, no parameter to set with regards to braces (thats the situation I faced when running my workspace initially created with fme 2016 - which I didnt mention in my posting, sorry for that.)

- add "Esri Geodatabase (File Geodb)" -> paramter "Strip braces..." available and braces all there in inspector preview

For me question is solved, thanks.

Rob