Skip to main content
Question

Is FME Desktop available for GNU/Linux RHEL 6?

• 24 August 2016
  • 7 replies

We have our servers running on RHEL 6, is FME Desktop available for this?

Thanks,

Vinod

7 replies

Badge

It looks like you need at least RHEL version 7.

Userlevel 3
Badge +17

Hi @vinodrajec118, firstly check the technical specifications for FME Desktop, and then contact Safe support if you have any more questions.

FME Desktop Technical Specifications

Badge

Hi @vinodrajec118, firstly check the technical specifications for FME Desktop, and then contact Safe support if you have any more questions.

FME Desktop Technical Specifications

Fedora 22 is at EOL already. And there is no python34 for Fedora 24.

Badge

Hi @vinodrajec118,

FME 2015 is the last release of FME to have any support for RHEL6. I am fairly certain that FME Desktop 2015 (no service packs) works on RHEL6, but that we lost Desktop support in 2015 SP1.

What version of FME Server are you running?

Badge
Fedora 22 is at EOL already. And there is no python34 for Fedora 24.

Hi @crayxt, we plan to release FME 2017 with both Python 3.4 and 3.5 support, and may produce a build of FME2016 with Python 3.5 support as well.

Hi @vinodrajec118,

FME 2015 is the last release of FME to have any support for RHEL6. I am fairly certain that FME Desktop 2015 (no service packs) works on RHEL6, but that we lost Desktop support in 2015 SP1.

What version of FME Server are you running?

ravenkopelman I have not set-up any server as of now. I'm looking at the solutions first before I get started.

Thanks,

Vinod

Badge
Hi @crayxt, we plan to release FME 2017 with both Python 3.4 and 3.5 support, and may produce a build of FME2016 with Python 3.5 support as well.

I'd like to know when test build is available which depend on python 3.5 and therefore, will be installable in Fedora 24+. Thanks