Skip to main content
Question

FME Server Subscriptions stop working

• 8 January 2014
  • 3 replies

Hello,

We have a number of FME Server Subscriptions setup which have just stopped working after a certain period. If you create another subscription with the same details then it works fine. They are all email subscriptions.

I've checked the log file and I can't see anything wrong with it... does anyone know what might be causing it or how I can monitor it?

Thank you,

Peter.
Hi Peter,

Does your IT have a policy where your windows password requires updating every n days? perhaps the email SMTP account password is expiring? Try using an account where the password does not expire.

Fiona

Hi Fiona,

Thanks for your reply. We don't need a username/password for the email account. Mysteriously today one of them has started working again but the other ones I have are still not working. I think it must be a timeout somewhere but no idea where.

Thanks again,

Peter.

I see that these messages are from 2014. Meanwhile I have very similar problems these days with FME Server 2016. Also our FME Server subscriptions used to work for a couple of time after which they stopped working. Any suggestions?