Skip to main content

Good morning,

I am having a problem running a workbench on FME server. I receive an error code that says "File C:\\Program Files\\FME\\metafile\\searchEnvelopeNative.fmi could not be opened". The workbench runs fine on desktop but not on FME server. FME Server is running on a build of 2018.1.0.1 Build 18528 and FME Desktop is 2018.1.0.0 - Build 18520.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

David Prosack

Hi @david_prosack88,

You mention that you are running this on FME Server, however, from the screen shot it looks like you are using FME Desktop. Can you please clarify? Or are you saying that on FME Dekstop you get the same message but the workspace runs fine on desktop?

It sounds like there is missing files in you're FME install directory. 'searchEnvelopeNative.fmi' should be in the specified location - You might need to reinstall if it's not in there

Hi @david_prosack88,

You mention that you are running this on FME Server, however, from the screen shot it looks like you are using FME Desktop. Can you please clarify? Or are you saying that on FME Dekstop you get the same message but the workspace runs fine on desktop?

It sounds like there is missing files in you're FME install directory. 'searchEnvelopeNative.fmi' should be in the specified location - You might need to reinstall if it's not in there
Hi @virtualcitymatt,

I received the screenshot from a co-worker who is responsible for FME Server, I'm assuming the screenshot was from FME server. I'm wondering if the problem is with the newer version of FME Server. I have run the workbench on FME Desktop and it runs perfectly fine. However, when the workbench is run on FME Server it throws the above error code.

We will try and reinstall and see if that resolves the issue.

Thanks!

David

I agree with virtualcitymatt, this is a screen shot from FME Desktop.

Into the log, it says that there is two errors. Maybe the other one could clarify some things.

Hi @david_prosack88

In this instance it would be useful to attach the full job log - from FME Server this can be downloaded from the Web Interface on the relevant job page, or alternatively these logs are stored in your fme server system share under resources/logs/engine/current|old/jobs.

The screenshot you attached is from an FME Desktop translation log so I am wondering if you mean that your job runs ok on server and not desktop? The default destination for the desktop log file is in the same place as where the workspace has been saved.

Since your screenshot indicates there are multiple errors and a lot of warnings it would be helpful to view the full log to try and interpret the error.

Have you tried going to the file path mentioned in the error and making sure the fmi file is there? This is a file that should have been in there since the FME Desktop installation

Hi @virtualcitymatt and @philippeb,

We re-installed FME Server and still receiving an error code. This is what I was sent:

"|ERROR
|AttributeRemover_12_OUTPUT Feature Recorder -1 2147614988(RecorderFactory):
File C:\\Program Files\\FME\\metafile\\searchEnvelopeNative.fmi could not be opened"

Any suggestion? I do not have access to FME Server. They are running Server through the cloud, could that cause any issues?

Thanks, David

Hi @virtualcitymatt and @philippeb,

We re-installed FME Server and still receiving an error code. This is what I was sent:

"|ERROR
|AttributeRemover_12_OUTPUT Feature Recorder -1 2147614988(RecorderFactory):
File C:\\Program Files\\FME\\metafile\\searchEnvelopeNative.fmi could not be opened"

Any suggestion? I do not have access to FME Server. They are running Server through the cloud, could that cause any issues?

Thanks, David

Hi @david_prosack88,

I'm sorry to hear that it's still not working for you. Again this error looks like its coming from FME Desktop (not FME Server). "C:\\Program Files\\FME\\" is the default install path for FME Desktop. Running on the Cloud shouldn't' make any difference here, however, the process for which it was installed might be causing problems. I would get in touch with safe support (https://www.safe.com/support/) and include the link to this thread as a Reference. Also include full log file where this error appears. There is a lot of other useful information which is helpful

Hi @david_prosack88,

I'm sorry to hear that it's still not working for you. Again this error looks like its coming from FME Desktop (not FME Server). "C:\\Program Files\\FME\\" is the default install path for FME Desktop. Running on the Cloud shouldn't' make any difference here, however, the process for which it was installed might be causing problems. I would get in touch with safe support (https://www.safe.com/support/) and include the link to this thread as a Reference. Also include full log file where this error appears. There is a lot of other useful information which is helpful

You are correct, there was a miscommunication. The links before is the error message when FME Desktop is being run on the Cloud.

Below is the error message for FME server when being run on the Cloud. (same machine)

"File <C:\\Program
Files\\FMEServer\\Server\\fme\\metafile\\IMDF.fmf>
could not be opened"

I will contact Safe. Thanks!