Question

FME server doesn't create log for failed workbench

• 11 April 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge +5

We have a server running many jobs and one of them normally runs successfully and a log can be reviewed but at other times the job fails and when i access it i get the message Error: The log file for job ID "######" does not exist.

I’ve seen the post in FME Server 2019 Error: The log file for job ID "2613" does not exist and we have plenty of disk space, the job frequently works successfully, other jobs are still creating log files. I’ve checked all the suggestions in that post.

The failed job is recorded as running for a couple of seconds but without the log I have no insight into why it is failing

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

How are you triggering the job? I’ve had similar issues when a scheduled job runs, but couldn’t view the logs. Manually running it through Flow then alerted me to a custom transformer missing

Userlevel 1
Badge +12

You need to look at the “Result Data” on the Log page, as it will likely explain that the process has not started for a reason (and thus why the log hasn’t even started to be created)

Badge +5

How are you triggering the job? I’ve had similar issues when a scheduled job runs, but couldn’t view the logs. Manually running it through Flow then alerted me to a custom transformer missing

Hi

I don’t think anything is missing, this job normally runs to completion but when it doesn’t there is no log. The job is triggered through an automation, when i submit it manually it works - but then that is the norm anyway.

Badge +5

You need to look at the “Result Data” on the Log page, as it will likely explain that the process has not started for a reason (and thus why the log hasn’t even started to be created)

This is running in server, there is no “result Data”, indeed no log at all!

Userlevel 1
Badge +12

Result data is part of the log page in FME Flow, rather than part of the log file. For instance:

Badge +5

Result data is part of the log page in FME Flow, rather than part of the log file. For instance:

Thanks for that, it doesn’t give much away…. 

And the log file doesn’t exist on disk