Skip to main content
With the new Smart Delete functionality, will it be possible to right-click on a transformer and select "Disconnect" or "Remove from Workflow" or something without deleting it?

I often find myself re-ordering transformers, and without this would still have to manually delete/redraw the connections before re-inserting the transformer earlier / later in the workflow.

And yes, I know, "go download the beta and try for yourself!" (sorry)

Ah, you just want to pull the transformer out. Great idea. We don't do that right now, will pass it along.

Note, you can get the old behaviour where the transformer and links are gone by hitting delete twice.  But what you are asking for is something different again.  

Would shift-dragging be an option?

Yes, whatever works as far as your UX standards go would be fine by me.  I'd be less likely to actually _remember_ about shift-click than a context option, but as long as it's there when I need it 😃
Hm, I simply Cut and Paste any transformer than I want to shuffle around.

Anything more complex that generates the same result would just be confusing to me ^_^
You'd think that would be natural; I mean, I often copy / paste between workbench windows... but I don't think I've ever copied or cut and pasted within a workbench.  When I want copies I use Duplicate, and I hadn't seen a use for Cut before you mentioned it.  

I'd still prefer an explicit Disconnect option, but if Cut works the same as Delete I guess I'd get used to it. Three actions instead of two (or one with Dale's shift-drag) isn't going to kill me.
Yes, like Kathy, I always just use ctrl+x/ctrl+v in sequence to disconnect a transformer and put it somewhere else.

I like shift+left-click+drag for disconnect and - ideally - ctrl+left-click+drag would be used to duplicate an object (that's already PR#16101)