Question

Identify Snapping errors between newly captured layers in Micro Station file.

• 6 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge +6

I would like to identify snapping errors of newly captured layers which is snapped to old layers only.

I do not want to find any old layer's errors as it is not my scope of work.

Please suggest the best transformer.

Regards

Arun

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +15

Hi @aruja2000 interesting problem, I think we need a few more details before answering such as:

• are you able to filter for these old layers? With a Tester, etc., so that we can isolate these layers?
  • in contrast, are you able to isolate the layers that are new?

Once you have these layers in two separate streams, I would suggest using one of our topological transformers such as the SpatialRelator.

Badge +6

Thanks for the reply, I am able to isolate old an new layer using Tester, Both are in two separate stream now.

Let me know how to proceed further to check snapping between new and old layer. ?

Thanks in advance

Arun

Badge +6

Hi, This is an example of old and new layer

Bold lines are new and thin lines are old one.

Need to find snapping errors if any between end snapping of new and old layer. also, any errors in new layer snapping between two different features.

Badge +6

Hi anyone can help me with the solution for the above situation.

Regards

Arun

Userlevel 1
Badge +15

Sorry for the delayed response, I didn’t see this until now.

Now that they are in two different streams, are you able to use the SpatialRelator like I suggested previously? This will find the topological relationships between the two streams depending on what spatial predicates you are testing for. You may also want to use the TopologyBuilder if the first transformer does not yield the results you are looking for.

Send us your workspace so far, or screenshots, so that we can help further.