Question

I would like to convert a json file to csv using a csv writer from a json fragmenter. How do I convert it? The json file is an output that is generated using API tokens. More message will b

• 25 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

I would like to convert a json file to csv using a csv writer from a json fragmenter. How do I convert it? The json file is an output that is generated using API tokens. When I run the FME workbench, the translation log is successful. But when I try to inspect the data, I get the below error message. Please look into it and do the needful.

An error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

CSV reader: Failed to open file 'C:\\PSDCitywide_towns\\Lake simcoe\\LakeSimcoe_Trial_17J2024\\@Value(Assets).csv' for reading. Please ensure that the file exists and you have sufficient privileges to read it

CSV reader: Failed to open file 'C:\\PSDCitywide_towns\\Lake simcoe\\LakeSimcoe_Trial_17J2024\\@Value(Assets).csv' for reading. Please ensure that the file exists and you have sufficient privileges to read it

Failed to specify the feature index as constraints on the reader

Failed to specify the feature index as constraints on the reader

1 reply

Badge +19

Hi @aseyed​,

This is nothing to worry about, you've most probably written your CSV file correctly, the only problem is that the inspection tool is not finding it directly. This happens because the name of your CSV file is derived from an attribute and the inspection tool doesn't know the value of the attribute. I know, it feels quite daft, FME knew the value of the attribute just a second ago. I guess when you click on the Inspect tooltip on top of the writer feature type you get a dialog like this:

imagePlease click on the open file browser button to select your CSV file or just browse the output folder in a different window to find your output file