Skip to main content
Hi everyone,

We have a tool in Geomedia compriosed of a set of (complicated) queries and due to Geomedia's limitations to run the tool, we are thinking of applying FME.

Is there any way not to need to recreate these queries from scratch on FME? Any chance we can import queries to FME or possibly through the library feature in Geomedia in which we can store the queries there?

Thanks
Hi,

Since I have no experiences on Geomedia, this is only by guess: According to the FME documentation, Geomedia dataset is stored as Access or SQL Server database. So, SQLCreator or SQLExecutor transformer may be available to execute the queries. I think probably attributes can be read with SQLCreator / SQLExecutor, but I'm not sure whether those work to read geometries. When those cannot read geometries, it may be possible to read separately geometries (using Geomedia Reader) and attributes (executing queries), then merge them (FeatureMerge).

Hope this helps.

Takashi
Hi,

As Takashi mentions you can input the queries to the SQL creator or  SQL executor. The advantage of the SQL executor is that you can save the queries externally (text file) and have more flexibility/control over SQL syntax.

Hope this helps.