Question

FME user parameter cannot pass from ArcGIS Pro model builder

• 26 March 2024
  • 0 replies

Badge +1

Hi! I am currently stuck on this: 

There is a FME model that is functioning in the FME tool.

The input field for tree symbology is a user public parameter, it’s linked to the attribute to filter in attributefilter.

When I try to import the FME tools to ArcGIS Pro, I found that no matter what I input to the user parameters, they can’t be passed to the FME model, which causing the attribute filter to export <Missing> values: (I think that’s because the filter is not reading the attribute name correctly, which is the user parameter I defined)

the FME model is input as spatial ETL tools in ArcGIS pro.

Here comes the problem: I keep the same input REMARKS, however the input parameter is not passed to attributefilter correctly in ArcGIS Pro. (In FME tools it’s working fine)

To solve this I have tried:

1. set the FME user parameter type as ‘attribute name’ or ‘text’ → both of them are shown as string parameter when import to ArcGIS Pro as spatial ETL tool
  2. put the spatial ETL tool into ArcGIS Pro model builder and define model builder parameter(field/string), pass it to the FME model.

However none of these solutions work. Could any experts here tell me what’s going wrong?

I am using ArcGIS pro 2.9.12 and FME 20210903 - Build 21627. 

Thank you!!

0 replies

Be the first to reply!