Question

Copy data from ESRI File Geodatabase to SQL

• 21 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge +5

Hello, I am attempting to copy data from an ESRI FileGDB to a Feature Class in a SQL DB but no data appears to be copying.

I have attached an example of a record from the log.  I have pasted “etc etc.” into it to shorten it as it is very long otherwise.

I also get this error-

Microsoft SQL Server Spatial Writer: Could not commit row locally. Provider error 'Description: Unspecified error'. Try turning off 'Bulk Insert'

Hopefully this helps you troubleshoot my issue

Thankyou in advance

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +18

have you checked this post?

It’s an old one but about the same issue, I guess there’s an issue with the data itself? Data types, constraints, ... 

Userlevel 5

I could be a problem with a table constraint. Turn off bulk inserts on the writer and you’ll get a more precise error message.

Badge +5

Hi @david_r , how do I turn off bulk inserts please?

Userlevel 5

In the writer, under Advanced parameters:

See also: https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME-Form-Documentation/FME-ReadersWriters/mssql_spatial/MSSQL_Spatial_writer.htm

Badge +5

I removed the existing Feature Class from the SQL DB then copied in the Feature Class from the FileGDB in order to preserve the field structure as much as possible.

Limited success in that the data can copy but it stops writing at 1,000 records and there are no errors.

Switching the Bulk insert parameter to No has made no difference.