Question

SAML Authentication does not work with Okta

• 1 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi!

We have configured FME Flow (2022.2.8) for OKTA SAML Authentication

as per https://community.safe.com/s/article/Configuring-FME-Server-for-OKTA-SAML-Authentication

On signing in with a username, password and MFA it redirects us back to the password page.

The restV4.log or fmesaml.log never shows that we attempted to login.

We tried to configure FME Flow for Azure AD SAML Authentication, but got the same outcome.

Any ideas, please?

Regards,

Dmitry

2 replies

Userlevel 5

For what it's worth, we had to give up configuring SAML with ADFS for a client after much back and forth with Safe Support. Clearly not all SAML implementations are identical. Can't help with OKTA, unfortunately.

For what it's worth, we had to give up configuring SAML with ADFS for a client after much back and forth with Safe Support. Clearly not all SAML implementations are identical. Can't help with OKTA, unfortunately.

Hi David, thanks for the reply. I managed to configure Azure AD, but neither OKTA SAML nor Azure AD seem to work. Since they both give me the same outcome, I believe there might be issue with FME Flow config (though I have followed Safe recommendations as per docos). Anyways, I have created a support case with Safe and will updated that thread should we come up with a solution.