Solved

Quiz! Difficulty: Hard. Make a recursive Clipper

• 19 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +21

Quiz! Difficulty: Hard. Make a recursive Clipper

I want to clip 2000 partially overlapping areas with each other. And they are sorted and given a priority in the order they need to be clipped. Attached is an example workspace that uses text as a sample. Shown below are the result. The letter "F" is the first clipper, then "M", then "E" etc. Så every area/letter is behind the other one.

The attached workspace shows the approach.

How can I wrap the equal processes within the "New Bookmark" into a custom transformer that works recursively so I dont need to copy/paste these bookmarks x number of times.

Good luck!

icon

Best answer by geomancer 19 April 2021, 12:03

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +36

Aren't you overcomplicating things?

I used an AreaOnAreaOverlayer writing the _count attribute to a list, a ListSorter to ensure list element 0 contains the lowest _count value, a ListIndexer to write the value of element 0 back to _count, and a Dissolver to merge the polygons on attribute _count.

Dissolved

Badge +21

Aren't you overcomplicating things?

I used an AreaOnAreaOverlayer writing the _count attribute to a list, a ListSorter to ensure list element 0 contains the lowest _count value, a ListIndexer to write the value of element 0 back to _count, and a Dissolver to merge the polygons on attribute _count.

Dissolved

This is exactly why I love this forum. Great answer to my solution and using completely different Transformers than I thought was needed. Thanks for a great solution @geomancer​ !