Solved

FME workbench isn't scaling/rendering correctly on my PC.

• 18 January 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

The GUI (icons, buttons, menus, text, etc.) in FME workbench isn't scaling/rendering correctly on my PC. Some elements are relatively large while others are very small. Is there a way to fix this?

icon

Best answer by nampreetatsafe 14 December 2021, 19:39

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

As of FME 2018, an option to automatically scale GUI elements for high resolution screens was made available in FME Workbench. If Workbench isn't looking quite right, this would be a good place to start. In FME Workbench, go to Tools > FME Options > Appearance > Rendering Options (Advanced) > check Enable automatic scaling for High DPI displays.

Depending on your display configuration, you may experience other challenges with rendering the GUI--for instance, if your setup uses displays at various resolutions, such as a 4k laptop connected to lower resolution monitor(s). Here are a few tips you can try if you are running FME on Windows:

• Try changing the primary display to one of your other monitors;

• Check to see what the Resolutions are set to for each monitor under Windows Settings > Display. First try the "recommended" resolutions for each monitor;

• If you are using a laptop that is connected to multiple monitors via a docking station, try using the same port type (HDMI or DisplayPort) for each monitor if your dock allows it.

Userlevel 1
Badge +10
If anyone else has come across this issue and has additional tips, please feel free to share :)

I recently had this issue after I setup a 42" 4K monitor. After trying the suggestions from nampreetatsafe to no avail, I was able to fix my problem by doing the following:

• Navigate to Windows Settings -> Display
  • Under Scale and Layout, click Advanced scaling settings
  • Un-toggle the option to "Let Windows try to fix apps so they're not blurry".

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

Since the original post, I've found this method works the best for me:

1. Go to you FME Install directory, right click on the .exe (i.e. fmeworkbench.exe) and select properties
  2. Go to the Compatibility tab , click on Change high DPI settings
  3. Enable Overide high DPI scaling behavior, and select the System (Enhanced) option.

Since the original post, I've found this method works the best for me:

1. Go to you FME Install directory, right click on the .exe (i.e. fmeworkbench.exe) and select properties
  2. Go to the Compatibility tab , click on Change high DPI settings
  3. Enable Overide high DPI scaling behavior, and select the System (Enhanced) option.

Hi, I am working using a 4K display. While using the 2021 versions of FME Workbench everything was rendering perfectly. However, with the new 2022 versions everything is smaller and most elements of the UI does not render correctly. I have tried to Override high DPI scaling behavior but that only caused everything to blur and nothing was scaled up. Also I looked for the "Enable automatic scaling for High DPI displays" in the Appearance Advance options, but apparently it was removed (PLEASE add it back!!).

I have noticed this issue for a while (since version 2022.1.0.0) but I had decided to continue working on the an older version and wait for an update. Well, now we are at version 2022.1.3.0 and the issue is still there.

Please try to address this issue in the next update since is way too difficult for anyone to work like this and is not healthy since is hurting our eyes.

Below an image showing a comparison between the two versions.

Comparison