Skip to main content

Hi FME Community, 

We’re back with our Question of the Week: What’s your go-to source to find out about what’s going on in technology? Do you have a favourite podcast, newsletter, trade publication, or other resource?

New to the Question of the Week? 

Every week, we’ll post a simple but thought-provoking question that could be about your FME journey, the power of spatial data, FME innovation, or the future of FME.

Each weekly question you answer earns you an entry in our monthly draw for exclusive Safe swag and points toward badges! Answer our September Questions of the Week by Monday, September 30 at 5:00 pm PDT to be entered in this month’s draw.

Answer your first question and you’ll get the Socializer (Ice Breaker) badge. Answer five questions and you’ll get the Socializer (Talker) badge.

Couple of sources:

For general issues on technology + business + politics, I enjoy listening to the Pivot Podcast with Kara Swisher and Scott Galloway. For GIS trends, the GeoMob podcast is a good one, especially for things going on in the Open Source world. ESRI Canada has the Geographical Thinking podcast for interesting projects from clients and customers and staff.

And to be geographically specific, there’s the Vancouver Tech Journal newsletter for all the news and events in the Vancouver tech scene. 

Couple of sources:

For general issues on technology + business + politics, I enjoy listening to the Pivot Podcast with Kara Swisher and Scott Galloway. For GIS trends, the GeoMob podcast is a good one, especially for things going on in the Open Source world. ESRI Canada has the Geographical Thinking podcast for interesting projects from clients and customers and staff.

And to be geographically specific, there’s the Vancouver Tech Journal newsletter for all the news and events in the Vancouver tech scene. 

Great recommendations! I read Van Tech Journal regularly too.

I made an automated process in FME running every morning using chatGPT, asking him what are the new technologies in Today’s news. FME sends me an email every morning and I read that before starting my working day, with a cup of coffee sometimes.

I made an automated process in FME running every morning using chatGPT, asking him what are the new technologies in Today’s news. FME sends me an email every morning and I read that before starting my working day, with a cup of coffee sometimes.

Smart! 

I’ve recently subscribed to this. I try to spend a few minutes every morning looking through what’s new:
https://daily.dev/

I’ve recently subscribed to this. I try to spend a few minutes every morning looking through what’s new:
https://daily.dev/

Checking it out now! Thanks for sharing.

I usually start the day by checking out the FME Community!

I usually start the day by checking out the FME Community!

Love that! 

I scour LinkedIn while I wait for the train and save any posts that look interesting for a later deep dive.  

I scour LinkedIn while I wait for the train and save any posts that look interesting for a later deep dive.  

I do the same thing in the morning! And often end up with many unread tabs 😆

Tweakers dot Net

Large community keeping the writers sharp

Tweakers dot Net

Large community keeping the writers sharp

Thanks for the suggestion!