Skip to main content

Hi FME Community, 

We’re switching things up for this Question of Week and playing a game of this or that! Tell us in the comments below: 

• Cake or pie
  • Spiderman or batman
  • Tester or TestFilter

Thanks for playing along! 

New to the Question of the Week? 

Every week, we’ll post a simple but thought-provoking question that could be about your FME journey, the power of spatial data, FME innovation, or the future of FME.

Each weekly question you answer earns you an entry in our monthly draw for exclusive Safe swag and points toward badges! Answer our October Questions of the Week by Thursday, October 31 at 5:00 pm PDT to be entered in this month’s draw.

Answer your first question and you’ll get the Socializer (Ice Breaker) badge. Answer five questions and you’ll get the Socializer (Talker) badge.

I’ll get things started! Pie, Spiderman, and Tester.

Cake, Batman, Tester.

Cake, Spiderman, TestFilter

Pie, Batman, Tester! 

Cake, Batman, TestFilter

Cake, Batman, TestFilter

Cake, Spiderman, Tester

Cake, Batman, TestFilter...though I can be convinced to choose pie if it’s got a crumbly crust 😋

Cake, Spiderman, TestFilter

Pie easily (apple with ice cream!!), Batman, TestFilter 😀

Batman and the Cake Clue

One night, Batman found a mysterious cake at Gotham Bakery. Using FME and a Tester transformer, he decoded a hidden distress signal from the cake. The signal led him to an abandoned warehouse where the Joker had kidnapped the bakery owner. Batman rescued the owner and enjoyed a slice of cake back at the Batcave, knowing he had solved another mystery due to FME.

Thanks to Copilot 😁

Cake, Batman, TestFilter...though I can be convinced to choose pie if it’s got a crumbly crust 😋

Oh a good crumble! 

Pie easily (apple with ice cream!!), Batman, TestFilter 😀

Such a good dessert combo!

Batman and the Cake Clue

One night, Batman found a mysterious cake at Gotham Bakery. Using FME and a Tester transformer, he decoded a hidden distress signal from the cake. The signal led him to an abandoned warehouse where the Joker had kidnapped the bakery owner. Batman rescued the owner and enjoyed a slice of cake back at the Batcave, knowing he had solved another mystery due to FME.

Thanks to Copilot 😁

Love it!

Pie - being from Melton Mowbray I am contractually obliged to mention Pork Pie!

Batman - as long as it’s Adam West.

TestFilter - Because it does what the Tester can, plus a lot more

Holy TestFilter Batman, it’s a pie!

Cake, Batman, TestFilter

Having said that, I tend to use Tester more frequently as most of the time I want to test A or not A. But TestFilter can do what Tester does and more as well.

Cake, Spiderman and TestFilter :- )

Holy TestFilter Batman, it’s a pie!

Should we design pie-themed henchman-outfits?

Pie, Spider-man and TestFilter! 😁

(Apple) Pie, Spiderman, TestFilter

Pie as it can be both a savory dish, something festive and, without an ‘e’, can be used to calculate important stats of itself.

Testfilter, because you can name the output ports, and all the other things you can do with it, the Tester can’t.

Spiderman because my son says so.

Pie (fruit tart, would that be considered pie?)

Spiderman (better storyline)

TestFilter (but I have to admit I use the Tester a lot more)

I would say Batman. Fun fact: When no one was looking, Lex Luthor took forty cakes. He took 40 cakes! That’s as many as four tens! And that’s terrible.

Also, TestFilter, because having to split a collection of elements into several subsets is something I do all the time, and being able to do that in a single transformer.

Pie as it can be both a savory dish, something festive and, without an ‘e’, can be used to calculate important stats of itself.

Testfilter, because you can name the output ports, and all the other things you can do with it, the Tester can’t.

Spiderman because my son says so.

All excellent reasons!